The Reliability Engineer will support ship acquisition programs in maintaining the readiness of in-service ships. Plan and gather information and analyze material condition assessment and maintenance metrics. Coordinate with maintenance and engineering providers in identifying and correcting material reliability and maintainability performance issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the R&M Program Modeling & Analysis team during analysis of recent failure events and previous failure data to identify potential high priority reliability issues.
- Update and run Reliability Block Diagram models through the use of RAPTOR reliability software.
- Liaise with In-Service Engineers, Technical Working Groups, industry partners and other stakeholders to conduct preliminary root cause investigation activity and identify any in-progress corrective actions.
- Work with technical stakeholders to develop top-level, summary, decision-quality information and materials for presentation, including results of analysis where necessary.
- Develop input to R&M reports, including new issues, corrective actions, decision points, top system / top issue lists, growth curves and other results.
- Maintain reliability database and track/analyze data for trends.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of experience in reliability engineering, testing or statistical analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, reliability, statistics or mathematics or related field preferred
- Experience working with advanced statistical analysis, common failure mode analysis and reliability growth modeling
- U. S. Navy operational and maintenance planning and execution
- Shipyard or Navy Repair and Maintenance
- Expertise in Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Expertise in writing failure analysis and performing root cause investigations
- Expertise in development of maintenance work packages based on predicted reliability analyses
- Experience with Naval Sea Systems Command, Original Equipment Manufacturers, In-service Engineering Support Agents, and the U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Enterprise
- Presentation skills to provide management, customers and vendors recommendations/suggestions of product change and/or issues
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance