Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
This position will a be a generalist position and will involve understanding technology behind various modules, sensors and implementing robust reliability plans to bring out design weaknesses. In this position, you will work closely with design engineering, test engineering, manufacturing and operations teams to define standards, specify tests, and then supervise test execution. You are also expected to perform basic electrical debug and failure analysis. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key to establish effective working relationships within and outside of Google.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Understand technology driving various sensors and modules; develop reliability tests to bring out design weaknesses
- Establish and lead module level DFR (Design for Reliability) activities such as Fault Tree Analysis and Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Establish methodology and lead various Design Verification tests. Translate test results into meaningful product life metrics and highlight shortcomings on any metrics not met
- Collaborate and work synergistically with product design, design teams, system reliability, manufacturing and quality engineers and FA teams to de-risk, drive root cause and implement necessary corrective actions
- Interface with suppliers to ensure reliability tests are being executed as planned
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in the industry as a reliability engineer or hardware engineer
- Experience in applying design for reliability techniques including FTA and DFMEA, developing reliability test plans against product metrics
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with typical sensors and modules in consumer hardware
- Statistical background or have taken courses in statistics
- Ability to code in LabVIEW, Python, R