Summary of Position
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer position is responsible for establishing new and improving existing systems as they relate to Production Maintenance. The position will help Mallinckrodt continue along the maintenance maturity continuum to achieve excellence as defined by best industry practices. The position will be responsible for establishing optimum work processes and administrative controls and deploy to the key functions.
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer will work with the Project Engineers, Process Engineers, Packaging Engineers, Process Mechanics, Facilities Mechanics and other Operations personnel to make sure that all equipment is designed and managed for maximum utility and Total Cost of Ownership.
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer is a "hands on" role. This position will support the Production Maintenance function and serves as the key technical resource for the manufacturing operation focusing on preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and problem resolution for electronic/mechanical equipment issues. This position also plays a key role in continuous improvement and performance excellence. This position will work alongside and support Process Mechanics as needed.
1. Improves the performance of production lines by using effective preventative maintenance, timely problem solving, equipment improvements, and training of production and maintenance personnel as needed.
2. Provides maintenance support to all aspects of the manufacturing process in accordance with FDA guidelines, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and all internal operating procedures.
3. Coordinates and schedules outside services when needed to support the efforts of the mechanics.
4. Supports or Leads projects as needed.
5. Provides leadership to mechanics to maintain a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, safety, and strives to develop a high-performing maintenance team.
6. Meets local, state, and federal regulatory requirements relevant to Production lines and Engineering areas of responsibilities.
7. Actively participates in all Environmental, Health, and Safety aspects of the plant and ensures all safety procedures and programs are effectively being followed.
8. Promotes knowledge and implementation of 5S, TPM, SMED, and otherlean/six sigma/continuous improvement tools.
9. Implements measures to baseline maintenance performance and then improvement targets as they relate to cost, quality, downtime, etc.
10. Utilize and improve the equipment risk assessment techniques so that prioritization can be given to all resources and how they are managed.
11. Develop and/or improve current methodologies and work practices as they relate to Preventative and Predictive Maintenance.
12. Review data and information using basic statistical tools to transition time-based maintenance into frequency-based maintenance and/or Reliability Centered Maintenance.
13. Work with Process and Packaging Engineers to implement standard methods for work instructions, return to service protocols and equipment risk profiles.
14. Work with Project Engineers, Packaging Engineers, Process Engineers, Process Mechanics and Procurement to establish a spare parts inventory that optimizes the business needs of the plant with cost outlay.
15. Use metrics to help drive business decisions on asset replacement versus useful life extension evaluations.
16. Add engineering knowledge and experience on equipment during the design phase.
17. Helps support evaluation of ongoing service contracts.
18. Focus on safe, efficient, reliable maintenance and operation of equipment to ensure the production of quality products.
19. Provide electronics troubleshooting and repair: AC and DC Drives; PLC Troubleshootingsupporting Automation & Instrumentation department.
20. Improve the reliability of the equipment.
21. Work with vendors to source parts and to substitute OEM parts with more economical options, designing and testing improved parts, updating older electronics that are no longer supported by manufacturers to improve equipment functionality.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
2. Enforce EHS procedures and respond to EHS concerns within his/her area of operational responsibility. Conduct incident investigations for all incidents that may occur within his/her department. Follow through on all safety related corrective actions in his/her department.
3. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education required/ preferred:Bachelor?s degree in an Engineering field (preferably Mechanical or Electrical) and relative experience.
Experience:5 + years of experienceworking withelectrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance.
Pharmaceutical maintenance/reliabilityexperience in a Manufacturing Plant environment and CMMS (Maximo is a strong plus) experience.
Preferred Skills/Competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills.
Other Skills: Understanding of Standard Operating Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and regulatory requirements