Are you energized by helping organizations protect their data and build client trust? Do you want to work in one of the world's largest holistic internal cybersecurity organizations? If you're interested in proactively preventing, detecting, and responding to cyber attacks across a complex global footprint, then Deloitte Global could be the perfect place for you. We're looking for an analytical thinker passionate about cybersecurity to join our team.
Work you'll do:
The Reliability Engineering Technical Lead will manager portfolio of their own applications and look at the overall health of all the applications in their space. The Lead will provide technical leadership for other Reliability Engineering team members, working with the Reliability Engineering Center of Excellence to ensure Deloitte's Reliability Engineering framework is being practiced consistently across all portfolios.
Reliability Engineering manages the application lifecycle management (ALM) tools that underpin all services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. The Lead will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In addition, the individual will be expected to
- Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other Reliability Engineering team members
- Work directly with the IT Portfolio lead on road mapping of portfolio applications
- Oversight of Reliability Engineering acceptance of all proposed designs for new applications and enhancements to existing ones
- Provide technical coaching for a portfolio team of Reliability Engineers. This can include a combination of Deloitte "On-shore" and "Off-Shore" Reliability Engineers as well as "External Contractors" when required.
- Conduit between portfolio and Reliability Engineering COE to ensure common framework and toolsets are being executed across all members of the Reliability Engineering team
- Establish an automated Reliability Engineering release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: The Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for Reliability Engineering/DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM processes and tools. Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
The Deloitte Global Cybersecurity function is responsible for enhancing data protection, standardizing and securing critical infrastructure, and gaining cyber visibility through security operations centers. The Cybersecurity organization delivers a comprehensive set of security services to Deloitte's global network of firms around the globe.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Experience in development with scripting languages
- Preferred experience supporting the following Datastores/Databases: MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Project and system planning experience is essential
- Experience working in an agile development team which requires the database design and architecture to adapt to changing business needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers, possessing the desire to work in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering or related field, with 7 year's related experience as a Reliability Engineering, DevOps or systems administrator/engineer in 24X7 uptime environment.
- Minimum of 7+ year's system administration experience. Expert knowledge of system administration and security protocols for client/server environment deployed using Cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on Linux and Windows platforms
- RHCA, RHCE, LPIC or Linux + certification preferred
- Experience in working in a large global organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.