The Reliability Engineer is responsible for implementing and ensuring approaches for preventative/predictive maintenance tasks and maintenance repair techniques are standardized and effective for the plant's equipment base. This position will review all equipment failures, downtime reports and equipment histories to uncover reoccurring maintenance problems and evaluate how PM effectiveness, working with maintenance to modify PM frequency. As appropriate, they will utilize continuous improvement tools to identify root cause and work to implement a solution.
Other job specific duties include:
- Identifies potential for cost reduction through improve equipment reliability, extended parts life, reduced labor cost, and other reliability-related improvement techniques.
- Works closely with corporate reliability engineers to coordinate the development of engineering solutions to repetitive equipment failures and other maintenance problems to reduce the need for maintenance while improving costs and reliability.
- Supports the plant engineer and maintenance manager to develop, standardize, coordinate, and administer an overall maintenance program, update existing programs, add new equipment to existing reliability programs.
- Support the maintenance group in ensuring accurate up to date spare parts lists are available for existing equipment and new installations, equipment and components are consistent with established standards and reliability enhancements.
- Supports the maintenance manager in evaluating and identifying what training is required to improve craft skill to ensure responsible personnel are trained appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering/maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant
- Training/experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Training/experience Predictive Maintenance Technologies
- Training/experience Reliability Centered Maintenance practices
- Experience in standard practice development, writing, and training
- Six Sigma / LEAN Certification; Continuous Improvement processes