COMPANY: As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
SUMMURY: The Maintenance Reliability Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance department meets the required performance and departmental goals along with developing and implementing process and equipment reliability initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the development and implementation of long-term strategies to ensure efficient and cost effective execution of maintenance activities, maintenance standards, reliability, equipment integrity, preventive/predictive maintenance programs, standardization, and SAP management.
- Establish and implement effective techniques to monitor maintenance process systems to ensure high rate of effective run time and to define abnormal operating conditions including reviewing and updating preventive and predictive task list regarding equipment failures
- Establish sustainable equipment processes for identifying maintenance related problem areas relating to work flow to determine cause (procedures, systems, technical problems, personnel performance), define appropriate actions, communicate and implement recommended corrective actions
- Coaches, trains and develops operating resources in the proper care and operation of the Process Units and provides technical expertise and guidance
- Ensures the high standards of safety are met and maintained at the facility.
- Manage maintenance department activities to comply with all city, state & federal regulations, corporate guidelines, PSM and Responsible Care.
- Manage maintenance department activities to ensure EHS compliance in all areas (proper work techniques, training, tools/equipment).
- Maintain a PSM compliant Mechanical Integrity program.
- Coordinates maintenance activities through teamwork with departmental supervisors to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assist in coordinating departmental day to day plant operations, upcoming outages and emergencies related to facility maintenance.
- Analyze potential changes in the maintenance process which generate cost savings and productivity increases for the department and facility.
- Develop and implement reliability management practices.
- Continuous improvement of site condition through proper maintenance, housekeeping and engineering improvements.
- Develop, implement, revise, and maintain policies and procedures related to the Maintenance Department including all E H & S aspects of the job.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development and provide feedback of subordinates, recommends and monitors effective personnel actions required.
- Inspect jobs in progress to ensure procedures are followed and completion to ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained in timely manner
5 plus years experince
- Demonstrated leadership ability to affect change, consistently drive results, and influence all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Power Point, Project Management Software
- The ability to react with urgency to achieve objectives and deadlines despite obstacles and time pressures.
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Capable of executing written, oral, or diagram form instructions and able to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manual.
- Computer Skills (AutoCad experience preferred)
- Proven mechanical knowledge
- Proven reliability focused knowledge
Job ID 2018-5715