Central Team role to provide account wide guidance and technical support as it pertains to the deployment and support of all core reliability processes to build a standardized approach to achieving sustainable reliability. This includes but is not limited to providing engineering support for planning, operation and maintenance of buildings and utilities, developing and implementing programmatic methods to ensure safe operation and high equipment reliability/availability, cost effective maintenance, continuous improvement culture, and regulatory compliance.
This role directly supports the site RCM Engineers in their efforts towards applying maintenance strategies and predictive technologies in optimizing a system’s operational performance, life cycle cost, and payback. The role also serves as the PdM SME for the Central Team.
- Support all efforts in the execution of site level reliabilityexcellence/maintenance programs and processes to effectively increase machine/facility system reliability and compliance.
- Ensure that the appropriate Maintenance and Reliability metrics are in place throughout the site (asset utilization (OEE), planned/unplanned work, planning/scheduling metrics, cost metrics, MTBF, replacement asset value, etc).
- Create and conduct Reliability studies, as well as understanding drawings and schematics.
- Create risk mitigation strategies for critical assets that can be deployed across the asset portfolio.
- Leads efforts to optimize work management processes
- Facilitate the evaluation of how and when PdM technologies should be deployed.
- Audit site level programs such as thermography, vibration analysis, lube oil monitoring, and ultrasonic air leak inspections.
- Drive consistency in the use and application of 3rd party vendors.
- Provide support for equipment failure and root cause analysis investigations.
- Support PdM related activities as requested in the planning, design review, value management and construction document development of new facilities and renovations.
- Support RCM Engineers as needed during life-cycle financial modeling of developed technical solutions.
- Support site level commissioning activities in regards to PdM inspections for all upgrade, renovation, and construction projects.
- Develop site level engineer and technician capabilities in regards to the use and application of all necessary PdM technologies.
- Provide guidance on the purchase and use of PdM and precision maintenance related hardware and software.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Level II in at least 1 PdM technology. Certified Level I in additional technology.
- BS in Mechanical/ Reliability Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years’ experience in deploying reliability processes across multiple sites and achieving sustainable results.
- Minimum 5 years predictive maintenance experience, including experience with mechanical design/testing, international quality standards.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Certified Plant Engineer or Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of various Maintenance and Reliability processes including- Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Equipment Criticality Ranking, PM/PdM optimization, and/or Failure Modes and Effect Analysis.
- Experience w/ predictive maintenance technologies including, but not limited to, vibration analysis, oil analysis, infrared thermography, ultra sound and motor current analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of Maximo CMMS and its role in driving sustainable reliability.
- Experienced in metrology and calibration methodologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles applied to design, operation and maintenance of building structures and mechanical and electrical equipment for buildings.
- Has an excellent working knowledge of the facilities maintenance subject area, knowledge of the workforce and supplier capabilities as well as an awareness of progressive developments within the industry.