MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Reliability Engineer – E&I is a leadership role where the individual is responsible for improving electrical and instrumentation equipment and area reliability in their designated business area. The individual will be primarily responsible for the safety, efficiency, productivity and reliability of all aforementioned equipment.
Specific responsibilities include the continuous improvement of reliability systems including: MOPS, planning, work execution, managing through managers, providing input into and driving all strategic decisions that affect all E&I functional areas of maintenance and giving continuous input and direction to the mill wide budget development. The role also includes developing and execution of the Mill wide five-year reliability improvement and equipment maintenance strategy, development and successful execution of all outages and the annual mill outage.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Ensures prompt completion of RCFA’s and corrective actions
- Tracks equipment related downtime, repetitive failure, and cause data to identify opportunities for improvement, and selling these opportunities to area stakeholders.
- Maintains reliability improvement plan for departmental electrical assets.
- Ensures spare parts, equipment and bill of materials are updated in computer maintenance management system (SAP).
- Ensures reliability improvements are incorporated into routine and major outage work scopes.
- Provides functional direction and electrical technical support to Reliability, Operations and Maintenance.
- Improves utilization of predictive technologies to reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Provides technical support of supervisors and craftsmen as needed.
- Supports planner work systems and master data improvement efforts such as PM development and store room inventory adjustment recommendations.
- Develops and implements reliability and precision maintenance standards and procedures.
- Supports Capital and Repair Projects
- Champions the elements of safety and reliability with project engineering in all capital and repair projects.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 8 - 10 year’s reliability experience in a paper mill preferred, with a strong electrical and/or instrumentation background
- Demonstrated experience with reliability centered maintenance
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Knowledge with PLCs, preferable with Rockwell and Siemens, Controloigix and S7.
- Experience and ability to read, interpret, and modify schematics for both power and control systems
- Power systems experience: 13.8kV to 480V motor control centers, switchgear, transformers, DC Motors, relays, etc.
- Thorough understanding of National Electric Code (NEC).
- Electronic component diagnostics and troubleshooting skills including PLCs, VFD Drives, DCS systems and computer related controls and programming capabilities.
- Must have good attention to details, but be able to manage the big picture and have a “make the numbers” mentality.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, scheduling, leadership, and administrative skills.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA desired
- Ten plus years of relevant maintenance or operations management experience required
- Supervisory experience (Preferably in both maintenance and production)
- Thorough knowledge of reliability concepts and application
- Skilled in utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- Strong team player and communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain change
- Demonstrated ability to engage a work force
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solver