Reliability / CMMS Engineer
IKO is a global leader in manufacturing roofing products with production facilities worldwide. We are currently seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team of skilled professionals based at our Wilmington, Delaware Plant. This plant produces premium roofing shingles in a high speed, continuous, asphalt shingle manufacturing process environment.
The main purpose for the Reliability / CMMS Engineer is to assure the sustainment and the continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance programs, including the integrity maintenance of the data and procedures within MP2 database.
- To provide leadership within the plant maintenance team to apply the concepts to TQM, CI, TPM and other management best practices, to develop and improve all aspects of the maintenance programs, to reduce the amount of line time allocated for maintenance, to improve the reliability of the maintenance executed, and to reduce the costs of maintenance.
- To facilitate the Top 3 Downtime Meeting, including through review and analysis, in co-ordination with the Maintenance Supervisors, Superintendent and Plant Engineers, to conduct root cause analysis and highlight the greatest opportunities for improvement.
- Through review and analysis of historic data related to recurring maintenance problems or inefficiencies, to make recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisors on opportunities related to skills training, job performance, and improvements to preventative or standardized job plans.
- Through review and analysis of historic data, to host and facilitate regular meetings to review the measurement standards established within MP2 to discuss whether additional measurements are needed, what corrective actions need to be taken to address current issues, and to formulate plans to improve overall system efficiencies.
- To review and analyze the maintenance related downtime, with the Planner / Scheduler and the Maintenance Supervisors to assess what aspects of the system generate the greatest opportunity for improvement, and then develop and execute plans to capitalize on these opportunities in a timely and systematic fashion.
- To execute all the administrative aspects of the maintenance program, assuring the sustainment of the data integrity of the MP2 system, from the issuance of workorders to the completion and closure of all required and related information.
- To review and analyze the documentation system and submitted data that accompanies work orders and material requests, to verify its usefulness and accuracy and where possible suggest improvements to streamline the data acquisition process without compromising the system and data integrity.
- To review and analyze overdue work order data, and in collaboration with the Planner / Scheduler develop plans and recommendations for the Maintenance Supervisor for addressing overdue issues in a timely fashion.
- Host and facilitate regular meetings which focus on PM and Job Plan Content review for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Communicate with Corporate MT recommendations for the creation of new procedures, the consolidation of existing procedures, and / or to improve the content of existing procedures within MP2 or the maintenance program.
- To host and facilitate a regular meeting which focuses on potential upgrades and improvements of existing machine components, parts or assemblies to increase life expectancy, and / or reduce maintenance frequency of maintenance. Communication of ideas and solicitation of input with appropriate Corporate Engineering and other plant equivalents to adopt best practices and known solutions.
- To act as the backup or vacation replacement for the basic roles of the Maintenance Supervisor or the role of the Maintenance Planner / Scheduler if needed
Bachelor of Engineering preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, or Process discipline
5 to 7 years of experience with working knowledge and exposure to reliability
Solid knowledge of total quality management, preferably with matching experience
Full understanding of the key concepts of total preventative maintenance or total productive maintenance
Preference will be given to those with SMED knowledge and experience and must have the following:
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, preferably with computerized maintenance software
- Ability to lead and coach people on the above subjects
- Should be good at analysis of data, and be able to schedule multiple priorities and multi-variant issues.
IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agency inquiries will be accepted.