MISSION / SUMMARY:
This is a leadership position where the Reliability Engineer is responsible for improving equipment and area reliability in the designated business area.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ensures prompt completion of RCFA’s and corrective actions
- Tracks equipment related downtime, repetitive failure, and cause data to identify opportunities for improvement, and selling these opportunities to area stakeholders.
- Maintains reliability improvement plan for departmental machinery.
- Ensures spare parts, equipment and bill of materials are updated in computer maintenance management system (SAP).
- Ensures reliability improvements are incorporated into routine and major outage work scopes.
- Provides functional direction and technical support to Reliability, Operations and Maintenance.
- Improves utilization of predictive technologies to reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Provides technical support of supervisors and craftsmen as needed.
- Supports planner work systems and master data improvement efforts such as PM development and store room inventory adjustment recommendations.
- Develops and implements reliability and precision maintenance standards and procedures.
- Supports Capital and Repair Projects
- Champions the elements of safety and reliability with project engineering in all capital and repair projects.
- Facility Plan Development – supports five (5) year repair plan development and provides input for capital planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years reliability experience in an industrial maintenance organization. Pulp and Paper experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of reliability concepts and application
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering discipline required; preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain change
- Demonstrated ability to engage with work force
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solver
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving