LyondellBasell's Global Projects & Engineering (GPE) is a world-class, central engineeringsupport organization - advancing continuous performance improvements in our manufacturing facilities worldwide. US offices are located at the Houston Engineering Center only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
The role of the Reliability Engineer for GPE is to lead improvement in reliability and maintenance performance across LyondellBasell’s manufacturing sites by serving as a reliability subject matter expert. This position functions as a reliability process and tool expert and will use these skills and experience to continuously improve processes, practices and tools at Manufacturing sites.
The GPE Reliability Engineer will provide support to the sites in implementing the elements of the reliability excellence model, perform reliability analysis to identify and resolve maintenance and reliability issues, and review maintenance and lost profit opportunity data to identify equipment and systemic opportunities. S/he will work with GPE equipment and process experts, Technical Networks, and site personnel to drive improvements in equipment design, maintenance and operations practices to sustain and improve reliability as well as coordinating the Long Range Obsolescent Equipment Upgrade Plan.
The GPE Reliability Engineer will work across business units to facilitate shared learnings and best practices throughout the company as well as mentor others in reliabilityengineering skills and processes. This position also supports management of the Program Maintenance budget by coordinating the project justification process, tracking progress in implementation and communicating learnings broadly across the company.
This position will also work closelywith Capital Project management teams to support projects in phase 1 and phase 2 by performing RAM analysis in support of scenario modeling. In Phases 3 and 4, the GPE Reliability Engineer will support the development of an Asset Management Strategy through the implementation of the reliability excellence model for the capital project scope. This will include processes for the development of the asset register, critical equipment identification, maintenance strategy, and spare parts analysis.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead maintenance and reliability assessments such as Reliability Excellence Model gap analysis, RCM studies, Wiebull Analysis, and SAP data analysis at manufacturing sites to assist with identification of opportunities in equipment reliability and management systems, as well as assist the sites in developing improvement programs
- Serve as a maintenance and reliability tool owner and subject matter expert. Examples include Meridium, IHS, SAP, etc. to drive knowledge and application of key tools used to manage and improve maintenance and reliability programs
- Supportengineering and craft development to ensure that personnel have the right skills and tools to effectively and efficiently perform their roles. Mentor less experienced engineers in the use of reliability tools, practices, and methodology and ensure that they have access to the latest tools and data needed to efficiently and effectively perform their roles. Drive effective use of Reliability Improvement Teams and coach on sound reliability and maintenance engineer fundamentals such as Engineering Discipline (ED).
- Analyze maintenance and reliability metrics and other data to identify site and systemic opportunities. Proactively engage with GPE equipment experts, Technical Networks and sites when opportunities are identified to identify company-wide trends requiring action. Help sites drill down to understand performance opportunities. Provide expertise to develop solutions.
- Support the management of Program Maintenance by coordinating the project justification process, tracking progress on execution and communicating results to ensure that sites justify and execute reliability and MCI improvement projects according to plan. Validate site and company long range plans.
- Work with manufacturing sites to establish and implement an overall strategy for core reliability and maintenance IT tools; Ensure plans to address IT tool obsolescence are well defined and forecasted. Look for the best tools and practices and champions those through the IT Steering Team
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and/or incident investigations on site reliability issues or incidents to identify and resolve site-specific reliability issues.
- Develop reliability excellence model documents to support the Global Asset Integrity Standard (GAIS). Supports gap analysis and action plan development. Participates in OE audits as Global Asset Integrity Standard leader to identify and capture best practices in guidelines and model procedures. Improves the effectiveness of site resources by providing model maintenance procedures
- Participate in industry organizations such as SMRP, NPRA, HBR to stay informed of new technology, industry trends and practices to informally network and benchmark withothers in our industry. Research new techniques and tools to enhance business performance
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical)
- 8 years of experience in maintenance and/or reliabilityengineering in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process industries or heavy industrial
- Experienced in the use of reliability tools such as Meridium, Wiebull Analysis, RCM, and FMEA, RAM modeling
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing withinternal/external customers
- Capable of influencing others in all positions, including management
- Demonstrated success in broad perspective, drive for results, and innovation
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access, as well as SAP
- Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to develop consensus and drive change through plant organizations
- Strong presentation skills and capable of effectively communicating with company and contractor management