Mechanical engineer with experience in the areas of boilers, turbines, generators, and water treatment systems. Individual will be responsible for improving equipment reliability using preventive maintenance and continually improving equipment performance.
- Utilizes drawings, manuals and technical resources to solve equipment problems.
- Develops improvement projects by creating a scope of work, costs estimate, and schedule to perform a job.
- Manages improvement projects by procuring equipment and labor to perform a job.
- Supervise contractors doing work in the field.
- Direct Union employees performing maintenance and operating work.
- Performs troubleshooting and failure analysis and creates countermeasures for system reliability improvement.
- Improve the preventive maintenance program by creating new PM's and updating existing outdated PM's.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with boiler House/Power House equipment. (ie. Boilers, rotating equipment, water treatment)
- Experience supervising maintenance and/or operations personnel.
- Experience working in an industrial environment.
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Able to perform failure analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced with CMMS maintenance systems
Required Experience & Education:
- Mechanical Engineering or MET Degreepreferred with at least 5years' experience working in a Boiler House/Power House facility. Willing to consider other candidates that offer more boiler house operational experience.