- Bachelor's degree in Reliability Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience as a reliability engineer in an engineering team or operations team.
- 5 years of experience for reliability program management.
- Experience with a the reliability engineering software: PTC Windchill Quality Solution (aka RELEX), ReliSoft BlockSim, or Relyence RBD.
About the job
- Master's degree in reliability engineering.
- ASQ Certifications such as Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
- Experience with software for data analysis: MATLAB, MiniTab, Statistica; or software for data reporting: Tableau, Plx Scripts or other programming languages
- Experience in data center infrastructure critical systems
- Experience for problem resolving process (Fault Tree Analysis, 8-D, Failure Analysis, Root Cause Analysis)
- Experience for supplier reliability assurance
On this team you will be responsible for reliability evaluation/auditing for latest data center infrastructure (power and cooling systems).
Our mission is to support core design teams for proactive technical feedbacks to improve product reliability in the early design phase, audit system reliability performance in the production phase, and provide design change recommendations for next generation of products. Our goals are with collaborations efforts to bring data center reliability, availability and maintainability performance to next level.
In this role you will work closely with Data Center engineers to evaluate Data Center critical systems' reliability and availability, lead Design FMECA process (Failure Modes, Effects & Criticality Analysis) across the full product life cycle to ensure data center system design meets target availability. You will also work with Data Center Operations teams for data center reliability and reliability improvement thru RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and ERAM (Equipment Reliability, Availability & Maintainability) requirements. You will work in a team atmosphere and partner with other experienced Reliability Engineers. Your focus will be primarily on reliability program activities (ie, DFMECA, ERAM, RCM).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible. Responsibilities
- Lead role in Design FMEA / FMECA (Failure Mode, Effect Analysis) process and collaborate with a multi-functional group for the electrical power distribution and mechanical cooling systems thru full PLC (Product Lifecycle) Phases. Collaborate with partner teams to implement closed-loop corrective actions.
- Lead role in ERAM (Equipment Reliability, Availability & Maintainability) process and developing new equipment' reliability requirements standards.
- Collaborate with data center operations team on reliability centered maintenance and maintenance improvement projects, supporting partner teams to optimize operations (critical spares or maintenance behaviors)
- Lead role in Field data collecting and data reporting, monitor field incident events and lead proactive reliability improvement activities (design change, operation change, maintenance change)