As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a(n) Reliability Engineer to join our growing Fayetteville team! This position will report directly to the Site Engineering Manager at our Fayetteville, NC location.
The Reliability Engineer (RE) provides solutions that optimize asset capacity and availability as well as Cost of Manufacture (COM) utilizing process and equipment data analysis methodologies. The RE utilizes Reliability analytics to understand cost performance and failure mode impact on the asset's ability to perform against the business, maintenance & production strategies and develops recommendations for mitigation of the failure modes through modification of the maintenance strategy or proposal of asset modification (capital).
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement strategies for improving mechanical reliability.
- Lead resolution of mechanical equipment failures utilizing high quality Root Cause determination methodology, typically Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Actively work with the Technology, Maintenance and Production organizations as a role model utilizing, training, and coaching advanced reliability techniques and tools to develop, maintain and drive a reliability culture
- Develop appropriate equipment maintenance plans to include equipment checks, predictive & preventative maintenance (PPM), Critical spare parts, and SAP data utilizing appropriate tools such as criticality assessments and Failure Mode & affect Analysis, FMEA.
- Participate in maintenance and reliability networks and share best practices, successes and failures.
- Provide direction and leadership for area maintenance activities.
- Facilitate the growth of a reliability culture within the site organization and associated business partners by recommending appropriate resources to deliver the strategy, championing standard work practices, and insuring the organization understands and values the techniques required to ensure optimum asset reliability.
- Identify and propose to leadership where external resources could improve site reliability and associated processes
The following is required for this role:
- BS degree in Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience (previous co-op/intern experience will be considered)
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence management
- Good Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Proven strong contributor with the capability to work independently.
The following is preferred for this role:
- Six Sigma certified as Green Belt
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience with reliability engineering within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills as well as failure analysis techniques and maintenance and reliability best practices.
- Familiarity with advanced maintenance and reliability methodologies and measures such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Total Equipment Effectiveness (Uptime), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and Equipment Life Cycle Cost Analysis – Total Cost of Ownership. Good understanding of Condition based maintenance technologies including Vibration analysis, Oil Analysis, Infrared thermography, Ultrasonics and performance testing
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.