Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Newark, NJ, the Reliability Engineer is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, facilities, controls and safety/security systems. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect site or business operations.
In your role you will:
- Work with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of existing, new, and modified equipment. Adhering to life cycle asset management processes throughout the entire life cycle of assets;
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with the commissioning plans. Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical OEM suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Participate in the final check-out for new designs;
- Assist the maintenance manager to systematically define, design, develop, monitor and refine a maintenance plan that includes preventative maintenance scheduling, preventative maintenance inspection recommendations and technical data review;
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherit reliability problems. Applies varies analysis to repair, replace, design and make/buy decisions.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business field;
- Minimum of 3 years' maintenance related experience with at least one year in O&M environment required;
- Ability to identify, address, and resolve problems, both technical and situational as they arise;
- Ability to understand and coordinate complex technical issues that require the use of project management techniques and statistics;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.