Cox Automotive is currently looking for an experienced Release Train Engineer (RTE) with attention to detail and great technical and leadership experience to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE), you will support Agile Release Trains (ART) by steering them to success and delivering software consistently in large environments. In the role of Release Train Engineer, you must be devoted to delivering value by managing program level processes, execution, and continuous improvement. Working as the Release Train Engineer, you must be passionate about technology, love solving problems in a build environment, and enjoy coordinating major releases.
? Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise and actively lead the company towards a continuous improvement environment throughout all phases of the engineering process
? Drive the Agile Release Trains in coordination, delivery of releases, resolving issues, and reporting of escalated issues involving high risk issues
? Manage changes to the Agile Release Train quarterly plan and the potential impact of those changes
? Collaborate and actively communicate with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery, while remaining transparent to the internal and external teams
? Actively participate in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization maintain alignment, improving quality practices, and determining ways to cross train and provide solutions
? Ensure high quality work is done and released in a timely manner, while developing best-in-class predictive and prescriptive models and decisions tools to address business needs
? Provide coordination of production support and improvements on workflows and communication
? Work and actively engage with Agile Release Trains, Product Readiness Managers, and Product teams to manage maintenance and application delivery
Release Train Feature Roadmap and Planning
? Facilitates the coordinated preparation of release planning for the release train. This includes:
- Working with the Product Architect and Product UX Architect to assist the Product Manager who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next quarterly planning cycle.
- Assisting the Product Architect, Product UX Architect, and Product Manager in the refining of features to be considered in the next quarterly planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Assists the ART (Agile Release Train) in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination for and during quarterly planning
- Manages change to the ART’s quarterly plan and the impacts of those changes
- Release Train Transparency
? Assists the ART to remain transparent to itself, the teams on the train, and to the organization through:
- Backlog Management and ALM tool data integrity for accurate reporting. May include the collection of metrics, KPIs, investment mix reporting, and otherreporting as needed by the release train or organization.
- Facilitation and continuous improvement of periodic ART Reviews with organizational leaders and stakeholders to provide clarity on the expected value delivery and to gain stakeholder feedback on changes to direction the release train may need to take.
- May include participation in and assisting in the improvement of the System Demo
- Drives the ART in the coordination of major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams, release trains, or solution groups are involved in development and release by hosting RTC (Release Train Coordination) meetings as needed.
- Drives the ART and the Product Readiness Managers in the coordination of program level initiatives that cross multiple release trains.
- Drives the ART in resolving or reporting escalated issues involving risk, or dependency management that may be hindering the team’s ability to deliver features. Scrummasters and teams facilitate the resolution of impediments, dependencies and risks within their span of influence.
- Drives the ART to continuously improve through the facilitation of Art Retrospectives quarterly, or more often as needed, to improve backlog management, release train reviews, sprint reviews, or release train coordination and higher-level function.
- Active membership in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices. Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
Other Operational Functions
- The RTE may be called upon to lead projects that impact the ART but may not require work being added to team backlogs.
- Assisting in the execution of product vision
- Coordination of production support, and continuous improvement of operational workflows and communication, etc.
? 3+ year of experience as a Scum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
? Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling models
? Servant leader and strong communicator with following skills:
o Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
o Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
o Persuade by influence rather than authority
o Understand and empathize with others
o Think beyond day-to-day activities
o Open and appreciates openness in others
o Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
o Support teams’ commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
What We Look For:
? BS in Computer Science or related degree, Associate’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
? Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
? High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
? Experience applying Lean Thinking and Systems Thinking in large organizations
? Experience working with Lean Portfolio Management facilitation for program, portfolio, or executive-level
? Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success
? Must be an effective communicator