A Release Train Engineer I at Verimatrix participates in the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The RTE collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products on time with the right scope. The RTE should enjoy working through the entire software development lifecycle. A successful RTE will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible while understanding the need to keep moving forward at all times.
An RTE I assists with facilitating the preparation for the actual program increment release planning. This includes the continuous improvement process that will enable our agile process to mature. The RTE will coordinate activities across the product creation and delivery organization. This role involves close collaboration with teams including development, product management, test, security, and operations. The RTE must be able to take direction and be able to work independently to implement complex projects. The RTE must be able to communicate professionally and positively with internal and external clients.
The RTE will need to learn and understand at a high level the entire Verimatrix product suite so that he/she can track complex deliverables throughout the suite. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Tasks include the following:
- Facilitates PI planning and preparations
- Helps drive program-level continuous improvement
- Aggregates program increment objectives and other metrics for transparency and visibility
- Listens and supports teams with identifying problems and making decisions
- Work with stakeholders in multiple departments to ensure the smooth flow of the product development lifecycle
- Breaking down large, complex, complicated, mission-critical projects into smaller milestones and actionable phases to help reduce risk and better guarantee success for all stakeholders
- Identify, document, and present on potential risks during planning and implementation phases of product versions
- Able to understand complex issues ailing cross-functional teams and assist with removing impediments, as needed
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Security and Operations teams to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction levels
- Conduct Agile training, as required
- Others as assigned
This position reports to the lead RTE / Program Manager.
- 2+ years Scaled Agileexperience
- SAFe certification (SPC, SPC4, or SA) required
- Agile coaching experience is highly desirable
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a significant workload in high-ambiguity, high-volatility environments that demand adaptability and a strong sense of urgency
- Advanced critical-thinking, problem-solving capabilities, high attention to detail and ability to think in systems
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive, “can-do” attitude, poise under intense pressure to perform with extreme reliability
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and communication skills in English across geographies, cultures and time zones
- 3+ years of experience with end-to-end software product development and managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Scrum Master experience and certification is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Basic understanding of broadcast network interoperability from Head-End to Home Subscriber
- Embedded software experience on set-top boxes, tablets, smartphones, Internet-connected devices, etc.
- Experience with ISO documentation and support
- Experience using source code control systems
- Familiarity with Conditional Access or Digital Rights Management (DRM) experience with Windows Media DRM, RealNetworks Helix, Apple Fairplay, Adobe Flash Access, Marlin, Widevine, Conax, Nagra, NDS, Irdeto, etc.
- Previous broadcast experience with cable, satellite, IPTV or Internet streaming technologies for live and on-demand video content
- Understanding of video watermarking technology
- Video standards such as: DECE/Ultraviolet, MPEG-2/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264, MPEG-DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, Microsoft Windows Media / PlayReady, Apple HLS, Marlin and RTSP