The primary purpose of the Release Train Engineer is to support Agile Release Trains (ART) by steering them to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments. The RTE’s focus is to deliver value by managing program level processes, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Release Train Feature Roadmap and Planning- Assisting the Product Architect, Product UX Architect, and Product Manager in the refining of features to be considered in the next quarterly planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready
- Release Train Transparency- Facilitation and continuous improvement of periodic ART Reviews with organizational leaders and stakeholders
- Delivery Coordination- Drives the ART and the Product Readiness Managers in the coordination of program level initiatives that cross multiple release trains.
- Continuous Improvement- Drives the ART to continuously improve through the facilitation of Art Retrospectives
- Assisting the Product Architect, Product UX Architect, and Product Manager in the refining of features to be considered in the next quarterly planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready
- Backlog Management and ALM tool data integrity for accurate reporting.
- Facilitation and continuous improvement of periodic ART Reviews with organizational leaders and stakeholders
- Active membership in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices. Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
- 3-5 years’ experience as Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
- Servant leader and strong communicator with strong interpersonal
- Experienceapplying Lean Thinking and Systems Thinking in large organizations
- Experience with LeanPortfolio Management facilitation for program, portfolio, or executive-level
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model is preferred
What We Look For:
- Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
- Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
- Ability to learn and use leading technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization