Position Overview Fortinet is looking for enthusiastic and eager Release QA Engineer to join our team! This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the computer network security industry while working and learning from a team of talented developers.
You will need to work as both developer QA and release QA. And need to have good QA quality and also a prompt response for both dev testing and release testing during each release cycle.
* Execute regression testing on Fortinet based products using a combination of manual and autotesting techniques.
* Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
* Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
* Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
Job Experience Required:
* Software testing experience
* Scripting experience for auto testing
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and switching
* Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
* Security knowledge for IPS, AV, VPN, Web Filter/AntiSpam and related logs
* Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
* Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
* Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
* Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
* Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal
* Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL are considered assets
* CCNP/CCIE and/or RHCE is preferred
A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field