Create never-been-done-before technological solutions to complex, global challenges that impact millions of people and businesses.
This position is responsible for managing cross-team release projects, centralizing and automating process workflows, supporting CI/CD initiatives, and performing other release-related duties for the Release Management team. The Release Management team oversees the process by which the production environment is upgraded and maintained, and the release manager is the critical liaison between application development and production operations for release management control.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Director of Release Management.
- Manage CI/CD onboarding, including kick-off meetings, status reports, scheduling and prioritization, and support activities.
- Drive production rollout and ramping strategies, including consistency and continuity across project teams, implementing standards, centralizing activities, and owning communication across the organization.
- Team up with Operations staff to support production environment change, including enforcement of quality gates, and support of escalation policies, root cause analysis, retrospectives and cross-team SLAs.
- Partner with Technical Operations to schedule and socialize system upgrades and environment changes to engineering and support teams.
- Innovate the Release Management Dashboard and other in-house tooling to automate tasks and provide best-in-class transparency across the organization.
- Lead teams in release activities and functions, while continually working towards making improvements to the release process.
- 4+ years of Program /Release Management experience in software development
- Four-year college degree
- Experience managing web-application projects
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Hipchat, GIT, and Jenkins
- Experience using business applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Proven track record of managing multiple project deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to assesses technical risk for complex issues and decide best course of action
- Proven ability to think and work strategically while driving on-time execution
- Leadership abilities and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and project management skills
- Ability to define and track success metrics
- Exemplary internal and external collaboration and negotiation skills