Title: Release Manager
Role: Direct Hire
Location: Charlotte, NC
Ctrl+F is currently hiring a Release Manager who will be responsible for measuring and monitoring progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget. The Release Manager will also maintain the releaseschedule for all core services and ensure alignment across all partners and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, or third-party applications
- Forward Plan the releasewindows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly ReleaseReporting
- Maintain Release Calendar for tracking all release deployments.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with team to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Participate in Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Work to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Supervise deployment of code changes, including managing virtual control room during the deployment and validation process.
- Bachelor’s degree or related project management experience
- 2-6years of previous release and/or project management experience
- Solid understanding of project management principles preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development life-cycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion