Release Engineer - 938761
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
About the Position:
Looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic engineer to work in a fast-paced production build and tools environment. You will be responsible for SCM/Configuration management, Software builds, Version control system maintenance, and releases. This position will require partnering and communicating with Development, QA, Documentation, Operations and other groups. A high energy, high visibility position, self-driven and prompt response to ensure seamless operation of the complex software R&D environment.
- Deploy and maintain SCM (Software Configuration Management) environment & tools, proactively identifying and addressing problems.
- Create/Enhance/Maintain SCM tools & scripts.
- Support development teams with debugging/fixing environment & compilation issues.
- Work with different teams to manage the software integration & release schedules.
- Automation focus – CI-CD support.
- 3-5 years’ experience in SCM Tools, Build & CI-CD environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Source Control systems; SVN, GIT, Gerrit.
- Strong scripting (Perl, python, bash) skill is mandatory.
- Experience with Makefile
- Working knowledge in make like build systems and Electric Accelerator.
- Understanding of Linux OS & packaging in a large-scale software development environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & problem-solving skills.
- Agility to work with large groups of engineers in multiple geographical locations.
- Scripting knowledge in PHP, Java and JS is a plus.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Systems administration experience.
- Knowledge of containers and microservices.
Relocation is not available for this position
Travel requirements for the position 0%