At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
We're a select group of like-minded businesses that provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling. We combine the best of retail, media and social to curate experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. We bring joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. We also curate large audiences, across our many platforms, for our thousands of brand vendors.
As part of the IT organization, the Release Engineering team ensures the quality, reliability and stability of production systems / websites. The team engages with software developers and platform and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems. Release Engineers participate in analyzing technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency, and execute the release of new software and systems. Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Support Development & Test environments, including troubleshooting of incidents.
- Build the tools and systems that help Dev, QA and Operations teams to deliver high-quality software in a very fast paced environment.
- Execute all manual code deployments.
- Maintain and execute automated deployments.
- Proactively investigate new opportunities for automation across the SDLC of agile and hybrid teams.
- Partner with platform engineering team to ensure CI/CD pipelines.
- Create/maintain documentation of application environments (workflows, procedures, etc.).
- Perform Release Management function for multiple apps dev teams including scheduling, and providing risk and impact analysis.
- Develop and automate standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios (e.g. scripted/automated rollback, failovers, escalation procedures, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring non-functional requirements are met before deploying each release and certify the release for completeness for these requirements as part of Quality Assurance.
Keys to Success
If you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of experience in the following:
- Strong background with source control systems including Git and TFVC, including branching and merging patterns
- Experience writing and executing Shell scripts.
- Experience with Build tools and practices including MS Build, Jenkins, Dotnet build, Ant and Maven.
- Strong knowledge in Web and Database administration including IIS and MS SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Linux OS and shell scripting
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Supporting Dev or IT operations on a Microsoft platform.
- Experience with deployment, scripting and automation.
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment tools such as Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Xunit, Junit, XL Deploy, etc.
- Maintaining and integrating with third party applications like TFS, Service Now,, and XL Release.
- Experience in creating or migrating infrastructure to the cloud using AWS, Azure, etc.
- Understanding concepts such as Infrastructure as Code, IaaS.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.