About This Opportunity
This position is will be a member of a Release Engineering team that supports software development life cycle (SDLC) at InComm with source code control, software builds, deployments, and administration of development tools.
This role will work with Development, QA and Ownership teams to automate processes used for builds, tests and deployments to all environments.
- Work with team members to manage and administrate enterprise-wide development tools – SVN (Subversion), Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye/Crucible, Artifactory, BitBucket, GIT, GitHub, OpenShift, Maven, ANT, Gradle and MSBuild.
- Automate build, packaging, testing and deployment processes using tools and/or scripts
- Review deployment procedures and execute deployments that ensure environment reproducibility
- Emphasizing automation, implement processes, procedures and best practice guidelines for code management
- Work with various stakeholders to set-up required lower level and production environments including the deployment of applications, artifacts and tools
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little guidance based on assignment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of related experience
- ITIL Certified
- 1+ years of experience in deploying Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery automation (e.g. Pipelines)
- Experience with deployment automation tools and processes
- Familiar with Java builds using Maven and an artifact repository (e.g. Artifactory or Nexus.)
- Experience with development tools such as Jenkins, Subversion, Selenium, JIRA
- Strong knowledge on common Windows and LINUX operating systems
- Experience with software development and deployments
- Ability to identify issues that prevent application deployments and provide solutions to resolve them.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and deployment pipelines including standards and best practices.
- Ability to collaborate with team members, developers, QA and ownership teams to resolve issues.
- Ability to excel within an Agile environment (Iterative Development, Continuous Integration, Shared Ownership, etc.) as well as Waterfall environments.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in cross team and cross organizational planning and coordination
- Understands importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize
- Self-motivated and quick learner
- Able to lead, facilitate and direct conference calls
- It is a plus to have previous releaseexperience; amplified by ‘hands on’ deployment expereince
- Experience or familiarity with Service Now
- Experience with testing automation including tools
- Experience with executing proof of concepts for newer SCM/DevOps tools and designing implementation plans
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies on your own and provide basic instruction for others of varying skillsets
- Experience or familiarity with middleware and networking terms and concepts.