The Release team of the Global Application Services group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 5+ years of Linux systems administration experience, scripting and programming knowledge, and experience managing application infrastructures on a large scale. The Release team is primarily responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate deployments of systems into test and production environments using modern CI/CD methodologies. The Release team works closely with the development and operations teams and is involved through all stages of application development and deployment, including ongoing production use.
- Manage the Release team engineers, providing leadership, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Manage, prioritize, and roadmap the ongoing deliverables of the Release team.
- Define, manage, and respond to data driven release metrics for continuous improvement.
- Design, develop and implement automated and continuous systems to improve deployment efficiency, accuracy, and repeatability.
- Configure and deploy software developed by Trustwave Engineering as well as third-party Open Source Software such as Apache Tomcat, NGINX, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Ansible, Puppet, and Docker.
- Work closely with Operations, QA, and Development teams to define and maintain operational requirements and procedural documentation for deployment of Trustwave’s managed security products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with a proven track record of managing high-performing teams.
- Experience managing a consolidated releaseschedule comprised of multiple development team’s artifacts.
- Proficiency writing in Python, Bash, or other scriptinglanguages.
- Understanding of continuous deployment/integration concepts and systems.
- Experience with provisioning, configuration, and automation systems such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, or Puppet.
- Experience with Docker containers and related technologies.
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure in AWS.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative, agile development process.
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge with new technologies.
- Continual contribution to improvements in practices, documentation, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous efforts.
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times.
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices in the U.S. may be required.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.