Responsibilities & Qualifications
Mansfield, OH or Fairview, NC
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity leads the industry through innovation of highly engineered solutions in a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, connectors, fiber optics, wire and cable, antennas, circuit protectors and harnessing products for harsh environments. Our belief that every connection counts unites over 5,000 employees to deliver best-in-class solutions across a global customer base as they bring next generation platforms into service.
As part of AD&M, you will be joining a team who is passionate about understanding our markets, our customers, our competitors, and the products. We need to execute winning strategies that drive sustainable and faster-than-market growth. We achieve this through a relentless culture of innovation, integrity, accountability, and teamwork that leverages our diversity.
Located in Mansfield, OH, or Fairview, NC, the Field Application Engineer will take a lead role in driving the front end of the opportunity pipeline. This essential role is responsible of creating new opportunities and design wins by working with a team of Account Managers, Product Managers, and Product Engineers. The focus for this assignment is for our High Performance Group (contactors and relays) products in the Eastern Region of the United States and Canada.
- External focus and committed presence at customer base to understand needs and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline
- Conduct Distribution and Sales Engineering Account Manager product training
- Assess competitive landscape and secure sustainable differentiation
- Be an application expert and provide solutions to our customers
- Drive the design-in and development of new products and / or platforms
Qualifications & Skills
- Technical degree in engineering or related science with business acumen
- Leadership – a self-starter/initiator who can lead through influence
- Communication skills – presentations, public speaking and proposal writing
- Critical thinking to challenge technical solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Power Point, etc.), Salesforce, SAP a plus
- 8+ years of experience in related field