Relationship Manager VP - Corporate Banking, Commercial and Industrial
Under limited supervision, manage and develop a portfolio of commercial relationships and ensure retention of total client assets and net growth in relationships. The Relationship Manager will work closely with internal partners to facilitate the development of new business relationships as well as develop prospects through lead lists and COIs. The Relationship Manager will play a vital role in the growth and development of the commercial banking portfolio and market share. Primary focus will be to profile and sell/cross-sell commercial products to our existing client base, as well as prospects. The Relationship Manager will build deposits, loans, fee income and refer appropriate customers and prospects to Merchant services, Treasury Management, Associated Financial Group, Consumer Banking and Wealth Management.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• New Business Development
• Demand and savings deposit growth
• Loan Growth
• Fee income generation (Loans and other services)
• Loan and deposit spreads
• Cross Sales to business customers and new clients at point of sale
• Retention of client portfolio
• Asset Quality
• Community Involvement
The following are essential job accountabilities:
1. Performs all duties in accordance with the Vision and Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
2. Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
3. Responsible for loan and deposit growth through lead lists, client portfolio and centers of influence to grow market share, as well as retain / grow existing portfolio. Client and prospect calling activity consists of telephone and in person calling.
4. The Relationship Manager is to develop commercial banking relationships by profiling and analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests and recommend structure.
5. The position is responsible for cross selling all bank, especially non-borrowing services; Capital Market (SWAP enhancements; P&C, Life and Group Health Insurance; Treasury Management, International Banking, Private Banking, Wealthy Management and Retirement Planning Services to our existing client base and prospective customers.
6. Make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank’s loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
7. Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends though bank approved sources.
8. Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
Relationship Manager III: 5-7 years commercial banking or business to business sales experience
? Strong business development skills/experience
? Past track record of sales and client management success
? Strong credit skills
? Strong knowledge of non-borrowing products
? Complexity – Low to high depending upon level
? Strong organization skill, superior communicator and collaborator and highly coachable.
Min. Field-of-Expertise: Commercial Banking Experience
Credit Training and experience
Non-borrowing and borrowing Product Expertise
? In-depth knowledge of non-borrowing products.
? In-depth knowledge of lending policies and procedures
? Understand macro and micro economic issues as they apply to business.
? Thorough understanding of risks (market, rate, leverage, etc) as it applies to the lending process.
? Possess good marketing and presentation skills.
? Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
Skills: Machine: Calculator, auto, telephone, dictation, computer applications (email, word, powerpoint, excel)
Working Conditions: Occasional bending, reaching, climbing
Physical Demands: Sitting, handling, talking and hearing, must have a valid drivers license
Physical Strength: Sedentary Work: lifting a max of 10 lbs.
Vision Requirements: Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
Analyze: Ability to review and analyze financial data in detail and draw logical conclusions.
Math: Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations, including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, ratio analysis and variance and sensitivity analysis.
Communicate: Ability to communicate effectively internally with bank staff and externally with clients, prospects and other professionals.
Representation: Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Compliance: Uphold the bank's philosophy and all policies by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization.
Contacts: Exchange information with employees, clients, correspondent banks, affiliate banks, credit agencies, references, accountants, and attorneys.
Authorization: Loan authority per the Credit and Loan Administration Policy.
Supervision: Direct = Varies Indirect = Varies