In this role, you will
- Be accountable for a portfolio comprised primarily of midmarket full service Defined Contribution (DC) and Non-Qualified Plan (NQP) relationships. Anticipate and assess clients’ needs and objectives through strategic relationship planning and consultation; incorporate your client’s vision into your relationship plan. Know the client's business and industry. Address your client’s needs through the appropriate Vanguard products and services and recommend service and plan changes to gain efficiencies and ensure quality service delivery.
- Deepen and broaden relationships with key client decision-makers and decision influencers. Act as a consultant and trusted advisor in client's decision making process; and be viewed by clients as their Vanguard Ambassador.
- Position Vanguard strategically to retain and gain/win additional business. Resell the Vanguard Advantage at appropriate opportunities.
- Understand the financial dynamics of the pricing model and proactively manage client profitability by developing and implementing profitability improvement strategies.
- Demonstrate ultimate accountability for client relationships and lead your integrated team. Provide strategic direction for clients and teams to ensure unmatchable excellence and compliance with ERISA in accordance with the client's plan document and Vanguard's policies and procedures.
- Act as the liaison for clients with all internal Vanguard departments and ensure availability of resources to meet client's needs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of investments, as well as regulatory issues relating to retirement benefits and the retirement industry. Additionally, stay current and knowledgeable of Vanguard’s products and services, and how they measure vs industry competition
- Evaluate client investment needs and work with clients to identify investments meeting those needs; coordinate investment reviews and effectively communicate Vanguard's investment approaches and philosophies to clients.
- Support development of new service initiatives through project teams.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Speaking up for a company that cares
IIG serves institutional clients and financial advisors, as well as plan sponsors and participants. It provides expertise on participant behavior and legal, compliance, and fiduciary issues for retirement plans.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Masters degree or professional designations (ASPPA or CEBS, CIMA, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum five years financial services/retirement plans work experience; client facing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated executive presence and poise.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) as well as excellent negotiating, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of retirement plan industry and ERISA regulations.
- Currently possess or ability to obtain your Series 6 and Series 63 licenses within six months.
- Thorough knowledge of investments. Knowledge of Vanguard funds preferred.
- Ability to lead integrated service teams and influence the organization.
- Excellent project management skills.