$80K — $100K *
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
The Critical Situation Management Execution Team (CMET) is part of Customer Service and Support (CSS). CMET owns the Critical Situation (CritSit) Process and works across Services, CSS, Worldwide Commercial Business and GSMO and other business groups ensuring all the parts are compliant with the process and ensuring a high-quality customer and partner experience when facing a CritSit. CritSit are business critical situations escalated by Microsoft's highest priority Premier customer segment that includes customers from government, military, and fortune 500 companies.
The Relationship Manager role is part of the CMET Execution Team and will assist with managing CritSit situations across all technologies. The primary focus is to meet customer needs by effectively managing internal and external resources and managing communication across all the parties involved in a CritSit. The Execution Team provides 24x7, 365 days a year business and after-hours coverage, identifying internal failings and driving positive change.
Given the nature of the business, this position does require flexibility to work outside of standard business hours, including off business hours, weekends and public holidays.
This role's purpose is to:
- Address high priority customer's escalations needs, for critical and high-visibility problems impacting Microsoft's strategic Premier customers and Partners.
- Participate in 24x7 coverage schedule providing timely, reliable and high-quality response to complex customer escalations.
- Provide mentor assistance to Premier and CSS Delivery regarding the CritSit process when required to ensure successful execution.
- Interface with various departments and groups within Microsoft to drive resolution, up to the executive level as necessary.
Positively impact customer satisfaction by:
- Managing Premier Customers' and Partners' Critical Situation incidents to ensure that the CritSit process is being followed and any need of escalation is addressed.
- Delivery of a high-quality customer and partner experience through timely and effective response to internal and external customer needs; owning active Critical Situations.
- Delivering a high-quality customer and partner experience through timely and effective resolution of customer's issues in the quickest way possible.
- Expanding internal visibility of Premier Customers' Critical Situations by managing complex, mission critical, or politically hot Premier customer situations, including Enterprise Accounts and Partners during afterhours.
- Identifying systemic issues and flagging process breakdown during the execution of the CritSit Process.
- Stepping up to take on challenges by acting as Crisis Manager in catastrophic outage situations.
- Pursuing proactive actions to help prevent future issue.
- Leading project and working group to improve process and tools.
- Establishing / Maintain Relationships
- Collaborating effectively with the customer and internal groups to solve customer issues and improve business processes in the quickest way possible.
- Actively participating on projects initiatives owned by CMET
- Providing CritSit reporting to allow businesses to make better decisions.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a customer-oriented position of which a minimum of 2-3 years in technical role would be desirable
- Ability to work non-standard hours, weekends and public holidays is required.
- Bachelor's Degree with major in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.
- ITIL and PMP certification is desirable.
- Candidate should have broad knowledge of Microsoft products, programs, and policies.
- Passion and interest in enhancing the customer experiences and experience in direct customer interaction.
- Candidate must be customer oriented and have strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; This position requires the ability to use assertive, positive and effective communications skills (written and oral) to market thoughts and ideas, work effectively across multiple management levels up the executive level as necessary.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage effective escalation within different Microsoft departments.
- Candidate must have the ability to effectively influence and lead actions across the group and organization (cross-group collaboration skills).
- Candidate must be action oriented, demonstrate ability to drive issues to resolution on behalf of the customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Valid through: 1/25/2021
$150K — $170K + no cap, equity