The Commercial Relationship Manager III is an external sales role that focuses on growing a Commercial portfolio
through building new customer relationships. This job will meet or exceed annual sales, revenue, volume & new
customer objectives. The Commercial Relationship Manager III will maximize profitability, revenue and retention of new
relationships by cross selling the full range of products and services. This job is the primary contact for developing new
client relationships while managing existing Customer relationships.
Typically analyzes, originates and monitors larger loans and/or supports a growing Region or a Region with more complex
relationships and transactions.
• Works and makes calls independently to develop new business with prospects that have moderate and large complex credit
needs in assigned portfolio segment and/or has specialized knowledge to target more complex relationships and transactions.
• Responsible for growth goals (loans, deposits, fees), both individually and assisting the team, through development of new
business Customers and cross selling existing Customers as well as an established network of resources.
• Makes calls independently and invites less experienced Relationship Managers to join as a development opportunity.
• Assists in the development and training of less experienced Relationship Managers.
• Gathers financial and general business information and explains products and services offered. Coordinates financial analyses
needed to make credit decisions.
• Communicates credit decisions to prospects and Customers as directed to close the sale and negotiates specific terms and
conditions for loans within parameters defined by credit decisions.
• May utilize the Small Business Credit Center as such act as a liaison between the assigned territory’s Stores and the Credit
• Contributes and provides input to loan decision process based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors from Credit
Develops market expertise and/or target niche industries in the assigned territory. Maintains established and larger market
• Develops a clear retention plan for assigned portfolio deposits and loans within the specified territory, and may execute this
plan in conjunction with the Store Managers. This may include coordinating sales calling efforts.
• Actively generates referrals to all business partners in the bank to help meet the comprehensive financial needs of
entrepreneurs or borrowing entity.
• Meets regularly with internal referral sources to establish business relationships and develops network of outside referral
sources for new business.
• Partners with Stores, RMMs, and RVPs in defined market area for consistent delivery of TD Bank WOW! Customer Experience
and CWI performance targets.
• May provide assigned portfolio leadership and guidance to the Store Managers in the territory as appropriate.
• Develops broader knowledge base of commercial and/or small business and other Company products and services, which may
include loan policy, documentation, structuring and regulatory requirements.
• Develop community relationships, through CRA initiatives and membership in civic and professional organizations, including
active participation in networking events.
• May help educate and support Store Managers and staff about products, lending process, escalation of Credit Center overrides
and closing loans.
• Prepares and submits all reports required by management, including call/pipeline and expense reports, in a timely manner.
• May prepare management reports summarizing individual and team loan activity.
• Will report directly to the RVP of their territory
4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 7?10 years related experience
• Strong understanding of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions.
• Demonstrated business development track record.
• Strong market presence with wide network of outside referral sources for new business.
• Demonstrated credit and financial analysis skills.
• Refined negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated PC skills.
• Membership in civic and professional organizations required.