WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for managing a portfolio of business and personal relationships. Through proactive client profiling deepens client relationships by cross selling appropriate products and services. Develops new clients through referral sources and business development calling efforts. Actively engages in the sales process of the branch to ensure attainment of branch and individual goals and objectives. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act).
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for finding, identifying and developing new clients, in targeted segments including business and professional segments, and Preferred Banking as defined, through proactive outside calling efforts and cultivating strong partnerships with center of influences in and around the community for referral opportunities.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of both business and personal relationships with an emphasis on proactive client profiling to deepen relationships by developing solutions and cross selling additional needs based products and services
- Develops and executes sales strategies, branch marketing plan and business development programs. Monitors, evaluates, recommends and implements adjustments to program to ensure achievement of goals. With Branch Manager, customizes individual branch plan to meet local market needs.
- Calls on and collaborates with prospects and existing clients to determine their financial needs and formulates a relationship development plan that specifies ways in which products and services can meet their business or personal objectives.
- Manages an active client relationship portfolio with an emphasis on expanding existing relationships and adding new qualified relationships within the Business and Professional and Preferred Banking segments.
- Ensures timely collection of financial documents, prepares competent Business Information Transmittal for new and renewing credit
- Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure branch capitalizes on competitive opportunities.
- Interacts in an effective and professional manner with all levels of Bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality client service.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Ensures that decisions made are consistent with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations, and that the risk associated with those decisions can be effectively managed.
- Responsible for tracking individual performance goals and results in a timely and accurate manner for reporting purposes.
- Maintains collaboration with city loan center and sales partners.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of direct sales experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a financial institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of new accounts with a strong focus on business development experience required.