Develops and manages portfolio relationships within target segments that lead to loans, deposits and other revenue generating products and services to increase fee-based income. Identifies viable relationship opportunities that include full lending, deposit, cash management and other banking services beneficial to the client and the Bank.
Maintains high quality loans through the support of underwriting, portfolio administration and cash management functions. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and with the Bank's policies and procedures.
Manages larger, more complex relationships then less experienced Relationship Managers. Mentors and oversees the work of less experienced Relationship Managers.
- Responsible for marketing credit-worthy potential and existing customers in an effort to develop new business and increase or retain existing business within the framework of the policy and procedures of the Bank. Promotes profitable growth of the loan portfolio and maximum customer responsiveness. Works with the Team Leader to develop a strategy to organize and grow the Healthcare Lending portfolio.
- Manages all aspects of assigned loan portfolio with emphasis on credit quality, regulatory compliance, covenant compliance, bank policy compliance and delinquency control. Assists the Team Leader with the management of the team's sales and service efforts to ensure the retention and deepening of existing relationships, as well as growth of new relationships. Responsible for contributing to the team's growth and profitability with an extensive focus on portfolio management, business development and client cross sell activities for the relationship team.
- Oversees the preparation of high quality loan presentations, including detailed financial analyses and assessment of borrower's financial capacity and creditworthiness. Assesses lending risks, identifies offsetting mitigants and makes recommendations on loan structure, while displaying sound credit judgement.
- Responsible for detailed research and credit analysis of business customers, guarantors, and industry and economic conditions for credit transactions. Partners with analysts to underwrite specific credit requests; prepares and presents loan offerings to designated levels of authority; manages entire credit approval process through closing by directing administrative staff and/or legal counsel; monitors and maintains relationships to insure timely loan administration, which may include repayment, receipt of required financial updates, detections of potential problems and opportunities for additional business.
- Maintains an active involvement in community and business organizations to drive new business. Cross-sells other Bank products and services; maintains continued awareness of market conditions and competition; continues education in financing products and techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years of credit analysis experience
- 5-10 years experience in healthcare lending focusing on speciality practices and/or larger institutional lending deals.
- Knowledge of loan and financial analysis techniques and accounting with well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques.
- Exceptional negotiation, communications, organizational, customer service, sales and problem-solving skills.
- Expereince managing, mentoring or leading others.
- Exceptional business development and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional networking ability and client following.
- Attention to detail, ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Effective decision maker.
- Formal banking credit training