The Relationship Manager is directly responsible for managing the overall client relationships of an assigned portfolio. This includes managing client relationship, business development and account service of key designated accounts in the assigned portfolio.
Conduct and complete the necessary ongoing due diligence needed to meet internal/regulatory requirements relating to KYC/AML guidance. Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies/revenue and subsequent recommendation, implementation/execution of related projects.
• Ensure a high level of customer service to internal and external clients
• Maintaining close liaison with all GTB areas, FIG/other business lines and Scotiabank units in our global network to ensure the highest level of external; and internal client service
• Responsible for completing the ECD/EDD process for all assigned relationships, including initiating, collecting, assessing all compliance documents for financial institution relationships; and conducting ongoing monitoring and reassessment of financial institution risk ratings based on changing market conditions, as well as onsite due diligence reviews as necessary.
• Responding promptly and thoroughly to enquiries of all types and working closely with delivery units, credit, product and operations groups on service issues;
• Conducting business development calls on financial institutions, analyzing customer needs, preparing client presentations and proposals;
• Working with Credit to initiate and prepare credit applications
• Negotiating terms, conditions and documentation with clients, culminating in the closing of transactions;
• Providing ongoing relationship management for all financial institution business in the assigned portfolio, including ongoing business development/servicing/coordination of GTB and all other Bank products, utilization of credit lines, completion of documentation requirements, and initiating one-off credit approval requests as required
• Promote cross-sell/referral to/from the Scotiabank Group network
• Providing direction to subsidiaries and affiliates in order to coordinate and align financial institution relationships with Scotiabank’s, in order to maximize returns/minimize costs for the Group
• Ensure Compliance with established GTB Policies and Procedures for all financial institutions in the assigned portfolio
• Ensuring adherence to E.O. regulatory and internal Bank requirements including anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing and compliance criteria, while being cognizant of local regulatory parameters;
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• This position covers GTB business activities in Canada and the US
• Requires an understanding of correspondent banking and associated regulatory requirements in both Canada and the US
• The position will have primary client relationship responsibilities
Education / Experience / Other Information:
• Minimum of 5-7 years in financial services;
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business or related field;
• Strong experience of leading client relationships in the financial services industry;
• Strong experience in participating and leading ECD and EDD reviews for large multinational relationships;
• Strong communications, analytical, organizational, project management, and planning skills; and
• Knowledge of businesses, products, operations, systems, and organization.
Requisition ID: 14517