$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Under limited supervision, manage and develop a portfolio of commercial real estate relationships and ensure retention of total client assets and net growth in relationships. The Relationship Manager will work closely with internal partners to facilitate the development of new business relationships, as well as develop prospects through lead lists and COIs (centers of influence). The Relationship Manager will play a vital role in the growth and development of the commercial real estate portfolio and market share. Primary focus will be to profile and sell/cross-sell commercial products to our existing client base, as well as prospects. The Relationship Manager will build deposits, loans, fee income,and as well as cross sell all bank products, including Capital Markets (SWAP enhancements), P&C, Life and Group Health Insurance, Treasury Management products, International Bankingservices, Private Client and Institutional Services and retirement planning services to our existing client base and prospective customers.
Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers' needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague's assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and ensure that the customer's best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn't meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated's anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Sales New Business Development
New business development
Relationship Banking Demand and savings deposit growth
Portfolio Management Loan growth
Asset Quality Fee income generation (Loans and other services)
Cross-Sell Loan and deposit spreads
Deposit growth Demand and savings deposit growth. Retention of client portfolio.
Fee Income Growth
• Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
• Responsible for loan and deposit growth through lead lists, client portfolio and centers of influence to grow market share, as well as retain / grow existing portfolio. Client and prospect calling activity consists of telephone and in person calling.
• Develop commercial real estate relationships by profiling and analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests and recommend structure.
• Cross sell all bank, especially non-borrowing services; Capital Market (SWAP enhancements); P&C, Life and Group Health Insurance; Treasury Management, International Banking, Private Banking, Private Client and Institutional Services and Retirement Planning Services to our existing client base and prospective customers.
• Make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
• Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends though bank approved sources.
• Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community.
• Identify needs and refer customers to business Select partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
Preferred Education: Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
Required Experience: 4-7 years Commercial real estate or business to business sales experience
Required Experience: Track record of sales and client management success
Special Skill Requirements:
Other: Business development and presentation skills
Other: Credit, risk management and negotiation skills
Other: Knowledge of non-borrowing products
Other: Knowledge of lending policies and procedures
Other: Understanding of macro and micro economic issues as they apply to banking
Other: Thorough understanding of market risks (market, rate, leverage, etc.) as it applies to the lending/borrowing process
Other: Operational skills
Other: Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Other: Analytical and financial analysis skills
Other: Computer literate in Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly learn new software/systems
Other: Collaborative and highly coachable
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines
Valid Through: 2019-10-3