Israel Discount Bank of New York, also known by its registered service mark, "IDB Bank", is a full service commercial bank chartered by the State of New York and a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Our liquidity and capital ratios are strong, and we are ranked by Crain's New York Business as the 24th largest commercial bank in the New York area. the Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic status, citizenship status, marital status, military or veteran status, current unemployment or any other legally protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Target mid-size, closely held businesses, primarily in specialty segments, located in Southern California, with annual revenues ranging from approximately $50,000,000 to $250,000,000. Candidate possesses necessary skills and can demonstrate a consistent track record building client portfolios. Access to decision makers in preferred industry segments will be viewed as a plus: a) Owner Operated Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living facilities, Not for Profits & Healthcare, and Apparel & Accessories. Candidate will be responsible for primary deposit and loan growth (secured revolving lines of credit, owner occupied real estate, term loans, etc. with minimum need of $5,000,000) as well as, successful cross sell, of ancillary products , such as cash management, trade and hedging products based on consultation with clients.
- Adaptable and flexible in a challenging environment; comfortable embracing a culture of personalized client attention, across working teams and in place of department silos,
- Maintain regular contact with clients and top prospects, developing an understanding of their needs and offer appropriate, profitable financial solutions.
- Remain well informed about the activities and people of top competitors in our common geographies and segments
- Meet or exceed individual financial results, successfully converting prospects to clients within projected timeframes
- Maintain contact management reports and programs including on-going list of top 10 prospects, including identified needs and IDB solutions
- Meet monthly activity targets for appointments seeking proposal opportunities
- Prepare pre-screen memos; meeting client and marketplace turn times, for pre-screen discussions in advance of offering new credit proposals as required.
- Oversee underwriting, evaluate for accuracy and content on written loan requests for prospects and clients, insuring accurate, timely preparation of loan packages (credit facilities at initiation, renewal, extension, etc.) for presentation to credit committee insuring appropriate due diligence, financial and collateral analysis.
- Present credit requests to Credit Committee
- Monitor the credit quality of the assigned clients and elevate material issues, in accordance with bank policy, along with recommend actions.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to facilitate loan closing (including review of all associated closing documentation) as warranted.
- Represent the Bank in a positive manner.
- Comply with all of the Bank's and Group's policies and procedures, insuring compliance, while managing client expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, adherence to all auditing and compliance initiatives including KYC/ AML/ BSA/ requirements.
- Banking experience: VP - 5 years, and FVP – 10 years
- Recent experience on comparable Middle Market team in So California, possessing personal access to decision makers and referral sources
- Self-directed with ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially written
- Sound financial analysis capability including analysis of business and personal financial reports, global cash flow and collateral quality.
- Minimum BA degree, MBA preferred, with core accounting and finance courses.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.