At this time, the team is seeking a Channel Partner Sales Development Manager to drive the acquisition and implementation of new strategic partners, who provide access to multiple online businesses, platforms and marketplaces within North America and globally.
This exciting role presents an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging sales environment, focused on driving PayPal inclusion on key technology, shopping cart, platform, marketplace, app-development, digital agency, and solutions integrators.
The role is diverse with duties ranging from developing partner acquisition pipeline targets, to developing business cases for large and complex deals, to managing the go-to-market activities of recently acquired partners.
The successful candidate will be looking to be challenged mentally with creating commercial solutions to win large strategic deals. The candidate will be rewarded in working in a world-class fin-tech environment, with access to global resources, market leading technology and solutions.
The role will have the following responsibility:
- Secure PayPal distribution through large scale partners, who provide access to large networks of North American and International businesses.
- Develop and manage target partner pipeline, to pursue partners in traditional (online retail) non-traditional (non-retail verticals).
- Project management of large strategic deals from pitch to launch and beyond to ensure the realisation of the business case forecasts – this is likely to include partner marketing programs and adoption plans.
- Build relationships with potential partners’ senior management to drive trust, confidence, loyalty, awareness and mutual benefit.
- Drive strategic plans with new partners to ensure business outcomes from partnerships are realised for both parties.
- Be seen as a payments and technology subject matter expert that the partners rely on for product, payment and industry trends and online best practice.
- Understands Partners’ product pain points and wish list; understands priorities and urgency; communicates this knowledge to PayPal management; keeps partners informed of product roadmap.
- Provide product guidance and recommendations to new Partners to assist with their implementation of PayPal & new product adoption.
- Facilitates meetings with PayPal functional groups (Product, Engineering, Risk, Ops, etc) to execute. Facilitates meetings with PayPal senior management when appropriate.
- Works with Marketing on partner activation and engagement programs and development of collateral to drive business outcomes.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work effectively to deliver results, despite internal or external obstacles:
- Drive new partner acquisition, focussed on driving large volumes of business opportunities to PayPal.
- Ensure clear go-to-market plans are agreed with new partners.
- Coordinate with Management to develop strategy and execute acquisition plans.
- Complete regular call reports to update management and internal counterparts on account activity.
- 5 - 8 years Strategic Business Development experience
- BS/BA Degree
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.