The Reimbursement Specialist Senior prepares and reviews Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party cost reports and assists the Reimbursement Manager by mentoring and training lower level department personnel.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Seven +years of accounting/reimbursement experience
- Working experience of Microsoft Office Products
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Team player, ability to train and share knowledge, strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated strong work ethic
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor