The Healthcare Economics Manager is responsible for activities that are focused on the development and implementation of Health Economics and Reimbursement life-cycle strategies and tactics for marketed products, pipeline products and products evaluated in business development diligence endeavors and acquisitions.
This role will assist with the charge in developing and disseminating tools while leveraging best practices sharing across targeted regions in regard to health economics and modeling, systematic literature reviews, global value dossier development and clinical and economics evidence generation targeted for publication.
The manager will supervise and conduct analyses as requested by the VP of Healthcare Economics. A successful candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills, a strategic, innovative mindset, and high level of competence in reimbursement and health economics for medical devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and implementation of strategies to gather health economics evidence for products which are relevant in key markets, in order to support local business teams and to promote the growth of the business.
- Works in collaboration with regional commercial leadership in developing regional product-specific reimbursement strategies based on the requirements of technology assessment organizations and payers. Interacts with General Managers and Directors of Marketing, Legal, Clinical and Regulatory to drive reimbursement requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of existing clinical and economic evidence to support product positioning.
- Communicate evidence requirements and reimbursement landscape, across the regions, to the Commercial teams and colleagues (i.e. Business Strategy leaders).
- Assist in the development of external publications, as it is related to reimbursement and strategy. Provide appropriate exposure of information is communicated to internal and external audiences (e.g. field sales staff, regionally based health economic and reimbursement colleagues, etc.) in collaboration with Medical Affairs including Scientific Communications.
- Provide support as an internal and external contact on matters related to reimbursement and therapeutics portfolio businesses including CMS-level personnel, payer medical directors and external entities that shape future landscape of health care delivery systems globally.
- Analyze health care policy to ensure policy environment supports medical innovation ( HTA, ICD-10, Value-Based Bundled Payments).
- Develops sustainable strategic relationships with professional societies, medical associations, advocacy groups, thought leaders and trade groups to provide leadership and focus in areas of mutual interest such as physician reimbursement, treatment guidelines, coverage and payment for products/therapies, etc.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Type of Position
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Level of Degree in the relevant field such as public health or health economics required field of study
- 6 years of demonstrated experience in working with US payers and provider systems, CMC on product-specific coverage and global country-level payers on coding and payment issues.
- Technical understanding of medical device reimbursement and its role in commercialization.
- CPC, HTA certification preferred.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to (insert any extreme climate and/or work conditions) standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires some travel up to 25% of the time.