Description: Assists the Rehabilitation Services Director in the overall management of departmental operations, supervision of staff, and program development and implementation. Provides independent physical or occupational therapy management of patient under the direction of the Rehabilitation Services Director.
- Assumes all responsibilities as outlined in the Senior Physical or Occupational Therapist or Speech and Language Pathologist job profile. Assists the Rehabilitation Services Director in developing policies and procedures related to professional development, the delivery of care, quality improvement, and professional competency. Assists the Rehabilitation Services Director in administrative tasks related to daily department functioning.
- Evaluates the performance of the rehabilitation services staff. Provides orientation for new personnel. Provides direct supervision of professional and support staff. Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and review of patient care and professional development programs. May provide clinical consultation and/or mentoring for professional staff. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the criteria for professional practice. Assumes responsibility for proper functioning of the Rehabilitation Services Department in the absence of the Rehabilitation Services Director.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a clinical rehabilitation services setting.
- Graduate of an accredited physical or occupational therapy or speech language pathologist curriculum and a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or Doctoral degree, or foreign-trained equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure to practice physical or occupational therapy or speech language pathology by the State of California by date of hire.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- BLS required.
- Experience in program development required.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 670626