We are seeking a Rehabilitation Manager – Acute Care to be responsible for:
- The clinical, financial and day to day operations of the adult acute care physical therapy service in collaboration with peer rehabilitation manager(s) for occupational therapy and speech language pathology in an academic medical center. A high number of patients referred to physical therapy are from critical care, trauma, burn, neurosurgical and other specialty and sub specialty service areas.
- Functions include workforce planning, staff scheduling, hiring, and performance assessment.
- The manager assures achievement of team goals consistent with the team’s mission and vision and is responsible for patient/client treatment plans and outcomes.
- Clinical and support staff education, mentoring, program planning, policy and procedure development and workflow process improvement are key aspects of the manager’s role.
Minimum - Bachelors degree in physical therapy.
Preferred - Master’s and/or Doctorate degree.
Minimum - Three (3) years of related clinical experience.
Preferred - Two (2) years supervisory experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Minimum - Certified as appropriate, or eligible for certification, by the State of Wisconsin, Department of Regulation and Licensing.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of health care administration, principles and practices within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Effective managerial and administrative abilities as applied to the management of operational programs.
- Effective leadership abilities.