Rehab Services Director
The Rehab Services Director is responsible for the clinical and administrative functions in the Rehabilitation Service Line. This includes strategic planning, quality patient outcomes, financial management, marketing, operations, customer relations, quality improvement, regulatory compliance, and personnel staffing and development. Interfacing with internal and external constituents and directing the department are key components of the job.
Essential Job Duties
- Sets the strategic direction for Rehab services, including short and long-term objectives, goals, and success measures.
- Represents Rehab services to clinical and facility/regional leadership within the region. Represents the facility/region in system-wide committees and initiatives. Represents Intermountain to external education institutes, vendors, and may enter into contracts as appropriate.
- Works to achieve cost effective, quality, and customer directed Rehab services throughout the facility/region.
- Develops financial plans including operating budgets, capital budgets and meeting established budget objectives.
- Oversees the effective management of human resource programs and ensuring competent staff. Coaches and mentors Rehab leadership and direct reports. Assists with other challenging HR issues as needed.
- Builds a cohesive Rehab services leadership group and promotes engagement. Maintains good working relationships between Rehab services, other departments, hospital leadership, and physicians.
- Collaborates with therapy managers to establish short and long term marketing plans for each clinical program to ensure a competitive market position.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates various patient care programs based on strategic planning, identified need, administrative requests, and the changing health care environment. Reviews benchmark data and provide leadership in reaching or exceeding industry standards.
- Oversees and supports the establishment of professional practice standards by collaborating with the appropriate facilities and departments to support the ideal patient and employee experience by bringing process and clinical expertise together with educational expertise to achieve continuous and measurable improvements.
- Enforces policies and procedures and adherence to regulatory requirements from Intermountain, accrediting entities, government agencies and other applicable regulating bodies. Proactively identifies best practices and regulation changes in the Rehab services field and implements needed changes into policies and processes.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time position, working approximately 40 hours per week
- Department: Administrative Offices, primarily located at Intermountain Medical Center 5121 Cottonwood St, Murray, UT 84107
- Masters degree from an accredited university (degree will be verified).
- Three years management experience.
- Experience in strategic planning, leadership, problem-solving, budget creation, and statistical analysis.
- Experience with compliance programs relating to professional standards, governmental agencies, and accreditation organizations.
- Experience with a health care delivery system and it's interactions with government agencies, insurance companies, physicians, other health care professionals, and the hospital organization.
- Experience with a variety of computer programs including word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Current state license in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Language Pathology.
- Current experience in Rehabilitation Hospital administrative role highly preferred
Job ID: 205779