- Minimally a Bachelor's degree in physical or occupational therapy from an accredited program or a Master's degree in Audiology or Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program.
- Graduate degree in a rehabilitation therapy or MHA/MBA preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Physical Therapist (PT) or Occupational Therapist (OT) through the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Athletic Trainer's Board.
- Or current state license as an Audiologist (A) or Speech Pathologist (SP) through the Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Speech Pathologists must hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and Audiologists must hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum of 5 years therapy management experience, preferably in a home health setting
- 2 years home health care experience, highly preferred
- Experience with post acute care, finance, reimbursement, strategic planning and the marketing of health care programs.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Requires normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- All employees are required to be aware of all MSDS considerations for this position which identifies all items in their particular area that fall into this category.
- Manages assigned therapy practice rehabilitation services.
- Manages development and implementation of appropriate standards of care across assigned therapy locations.
- Ensures delivery of rehabilitation services emulates "best practices" and is in compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Manages designated locations' rehabilitation staff.
- Coordinates formulation, collection and analysis of data for outcomes related to patient satisfaction.
- Manages staffing levels and capacity; is proactive in recruitment and retention initiatives to ensure availability of staff.
- Manages implementation of new patient care services to keep the Institute market competitive and produce positive clinical outcomes; keeps abreast of current practice trends.
- Maintains a work environment that fosters quality care delivery, accountability and employee satisfaction.
- Develops staff members with effective coaching, counseling and mentoring.
- Plans and implements education and training programs.
- Collaborates to deliver clinical services that result in positive clinical and financial outcomes with high levels of customer service.
- Implements and manages performance and process improvement initiatives, productivity benchmarks and standards, approved budget and financial management activities.
- Provides direct patient care in specialty area when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.