Less than 5 years experience • Chemicals
Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Regulatory Specialist to join our client’s growing team in Norwalk, CT . This position offers $80,000 - $100,000 per year plus insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
The Regulatory Specialist is responsible for authoring and generating Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels in compliance with global regulations; providing timely responses, including written and verbal communication, to internal and external customers; assisting in chemical registration, notification and reporting required under US and other countries’ chemical regulations and performing various other functions related to the Regulatory Affairsdepartment of a specialty chemicals business. The job requires solid understanding of Chemistry, trouble-shooting of compliance related issues, high level of computer skills and a knack for conducting online research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generates SDS and labels in accordance with various countries’ regulations, such as CLP, OSHA’s hazcom standard, Chinese GHS, etc. Determines hazard classification of chemicals and mixtures, utilizing information from all available sources.
- Supports the sales, marketing, manufacturing and logistics functions within the company.
- Provides written and verbal responses to inquiries regarding SDSs, labels and other general regulatory compliance matters.
- Performs registration, notification and reporting under TSCA (LSCA), EU REACH, Korean REACH, Canadian DSL, etc.
- Maintains compliance data for REACH and other REACH-like regulations for all raw materials and finished products. Develops systems for accurate reporting of shipment volumes, as needed.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology or Environmental Sciences is required. Two to three years relevant work experience in a chemical company is a plus.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is highly desirable. Experience with MSDgen or other SDS authoring software, IUCLID6, EPA’s PMN and CDR submission tools, ECHA’s dossier submission tools and REACH databases, NCI Global, SciFinder, etc. is required in order to perform this job successfully. Although prior experience with these tools is not required, the candidate must be able to learn new technologies quickly and be able to develop expertise on her/his own.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organization skills and be able to independently plan activities based upon company priorities; must possess ability to work well and interface with diverse groups of individuals and teams; demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Towne & Locke is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.