FMC Corporation is a leading speciality company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow that world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Ag Solutions, Research & Development, Global Regulatory Sciences is looking for a highly-motivated scientist to support the development and defense of agricultural active ingredients and products by assessing the safety, degradation profile, and potential ability to register the products through laboratory testing in various environmental and biological media following regulatory guidelines. This position may be located at our NA or EMEA R&D site, depending upon the specific qualifications of the candidate.
The successful candidate will be leading environmental fate, metabolism or residue research projects to determine and understand fundamental agrochemical dissipation processes in the environment, plants and animals to support registration and commercialization of crop protection products.
- Proactively participate in design of regulatory studies and strategy to develop comprehensive environmental fate, metabolism, or residue data dossiers, to ensure their scientific consistency and uphold the technical quality of the studies.
- Proactively participate in the development of environmental and human safety risk assessment strategies for the registration of new crop protection chemicals.
- Serve as study/program monitor (for studies at contract research organizations) for the design, conduct, interpretation, and reporting of regulatory studies in the environmental fate, metabolism or residue areas.
- Interface with regulatory agencies on technical issues and to develop and present responses to any requests.
- Collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines and product teams to conduct the environmental and human safety risk assessments and establish safe and sustainable uses for crop protection chemicals.
A Ph.D. degree (or equivalent experience) in environmental science, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmacokinetics, computer modeling or similar fields.
- 5years experience in the design, conduct, interpretation and reporting of studies related to determining the fate of crop protection products in environmental fate, metabolism or residue studies.
- Experience in the chemical structure elucidation of metabolites and degradation products formed in environmental and biological matrices.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation (e.g., HPLC, LC/MS, GC, etc.) and trace organic analytical methods development.
- Experience as Study Monitor or Study Director for GLP-compliant studies at contract research organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer and statistical evaluation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Familiarity with global pesticide registration guidelines and data requirements.
- Experience with handling and conducting experiments with radioisotopes.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Standards (GLPs).
- Demonstrated ability to prepare scientific publications and presentations on scientific research.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.