At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, and Stakeholder Relations
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Data Management Solutions Services (DMSS) team within Data Management and Insights (DMI) is a new and growing organization. The team’s mission is to enable enterprise data governance capabilities, such as metadata management, data control and quality, stewardship management, etc. The team manages these capabilities in alignment with the enterprise data strategy, technology architecture, policies, and other data governance needs across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
Reporting to the DMSS Remediation Manager, the Business Support Consultant will support the stakeholders of the DMSS organization with efforts to remediate risk and regulatory reporting issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop an understanding of the RMII processes, including Report Documentation, Report Deconstruction, Deep Dive Analytics, and Fit For Purpose
- Partner with other RMII team leaders to develop routines to capture findings identified by the RMII processes
- Develop a process to assess identified findings to determine which issues should be included in the scope of the remediation team. Scope will include findings that meet the definition of an issue and can be remediated in a short timeframe.
- Develop protocols to engage issue owners; confirm need for support from the Remediation Team; confirm understanding of issue; develop remediation plan.
- Drive execution of remediation plans. Remediation efforts are expected to consist primarily of process and internal control enhancements.
- Partner with Enterprise Controls & Oversight team to review new findings to determine which meet the definition of an issue, review remediation plans to confirm it meets expectations, and review results of remediation efforts to confirm the issue has been resolved.
- Develop metrics to measure improvements in data quality resulting from remediation efforts; develop reporting for DMSS leadership and other stakeholders.
- 6+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong variance analysis skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses and systems
- Data Management experience/knowledge
- Regulatory reporting experience/knowledge
- Experience with VENA, DCS, and/or the general ledger