Responsible for preparation of the company?s regulatory reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures company is compliant with local and federal laws and regulations specific to health insurance companies/health maintenance organizations, including requiredreporting. Communicates relevant updates and information provided by regulating entities to executive management.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission off all health plan related reporting, reconciliations, tax and information returns, etc to regulatory and oversight entities, including identification of requiredreporting and maintenance of a schedule detailing such requirements.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of quarterly and annual statutory reporting to the Oklahoma Insurance Department (?OID?) and to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (?NAIC?)
- Responsible for preparation and submission of Medical Loss Ratio reporting to CMS, HIOS, OPM, and other regulatory agencies, as required.
- Assists with annual bid process for all lines of business, including preparation of requested data and information, interaction with the actuaries, etc.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of holding company registration forms to the OID
- Responsible for preparation and submission of Third Party Administrator (?TPA?) annual report to the OID
- Responsible for annual renewal of TPA license
- Coordinates preparation and provision of all requested documentation to tax return preparers by established deadlines
- Ensures that all tax returns and other filings due to the IRS are submitted by established deadlines
- Reconciles tax returns and otherIRS filings to internal records and documents any discrepancies
- Coordinates the annual reinsurance renewal
- Responsible for monthly requiredreporting to reinsurer
- Monitors reinsurance claim activity and identifies members/claims requiring submission to the reinsurer
- Monitors HPMS memos and REGTAP notices to determine impact on the Finance Department and initiates action when necessary
- Maintains familiarity with the Oklahoma Financial Report Act, the Health Maintenance Organization Act of 2003, and other relevant regulatory guidance
- Assists with preparation for financial examinations performed by the Oklahoma Insurance Department
- Assists with health plan related audit requests during the annual financial statement audit
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration and a minimum of four years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Public accounting experiencepreferred
- Tax and/or financial statement preparation experiencepreferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong spreadsheet skills, as well as general computer and software application operation skills.
- Proficiency in mathematical skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Able to research, understand, and apply published guidance to achieve department goals and objectives
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet requireddeadlines.
- Strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrates dependability through attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules
- Displays follow-through on projects and deliverables.
- Possesses attention to detail.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and high ethical standards.
- Able to organize and supervise work of others.