Assure compliance of approximately 1,500 ChemTreat water treatment chemical products with all applicable United States and International laws, regulations and standards to which ChemTreat subscribes and other designated non-regulatory criteria. This position develops and implements compliance procedures, policies and programs for new chemical regulations, update, maintains and follows existing procedures, programs and policies to ensure that products are in legal and regulatory compliance with National and International chemical regulations. This position also provides support for corporate compliance and key objectives through continuous improvement and other corporate policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform product hazard classification based on the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) requirements.
- Assess the combination of product attributes and product application conditions and select, obtain and maintain appropriate product credentials and certifications or document product conformance to compliance criteria.
- Designate and obtain necessary analytical test data as needed for hazard classification or determination of compliance criterion of applications.
- Communicate regulatory requirements and product information to customers, vendors, sales reps, R&D, operations and back office associates.
- Coordinate with Product Management to fulfill new product requests and manage lifecycle of products with regulatory requirements.
- Read and interpret state, national and international chemical regulations.
- Apply continuous improvement principles (DBS) to develop modifications to existing procedures, policies and programs, based on business needs.
- Develop compliance procedures, policies and programs for new regulations of any scope.
- Develop modifications to existing procedures, policies and programs based on changes to regulations.
- Develop Implement plan for new and modified compliance procedures, policies and programs.
- Communicate compliance requirements to internal and external customers.
- Complete and file all required regulatory reports, applications and notifications .
- Serve as the compliance representative on cross functional teams.
- Create and maintain computer databases.
- Act as the MSDS Database administrator.
- Handle customer emergency calls.
- Assist customers on complex compliance issues.
- Provide basic support to Legal Counsel on product liability issues.
- Maintain regulatory required records
- Provide support for internal chemical hazard communication program.
- Write Material Safety Data Sheets and Label Warning Copy
- Perform regulatory reviews on new and existing chemical raw materials and products and determine the applicability of various chemical regulations (such as Chemical inventories, hazard communication, environmental, drug precursors, import/export, transportation classification, state restrictions) to the raw material or product.
- Maintain company trade secrets and confidential business information
- Actively support DBS programs and activities.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to other technical staff members by sharing knowledge of ChemTreat products, processes, and systems and expertise in compliance.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in Physical Science, Chemistry or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of Compliance experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technical, Analytical skills and business knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Organizational skills; Self-management
- Knowledge of the structure and function of law and regulations
Knowledge of the requirements for FDA, Kosher, GHS