In this role, you will work closely with Bandwidth’s Legal team and other Bandwidth team members to help support and drive our growth. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of communications regulatory and public policy initiatives. You will coordinate cross-functionally with various internal teams to develop and refine policies, practices, and procedures that aim to ensure regulatory compliance and help support Bandwidth’s advocacy efforts.
- Providing regulatory legal advice and support across the business to help enable profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and ensuring adherence to critical communications laws and regulations.
- Supporting business teams to manage a wide range of customer and vendor relationships, including operational traffic management needs like network security.
- Partner with product development and product management stakeholders to understand and advise on regulatory requirements and considerations for new and existing products and business operations related to key opportunities and initiatives.
- Support Tax and Finance team members with relevant legal and regulatory considerations for the company’s products and services.
Opportunities for growth and development will include matters such as:
- Engagement in Bandwidth’s public policy advocacy efforts at the FCC and throughout the industry on issues related to telephone number administration, CPaaS and VoIP services, Intercarrier traffic exchange, 911 calling and SMS/MMS services.
- Support Bandwidth’s go-to-market strategies by providing guidance on regulatory and policy matters.
- Assist a wide range of internal clients in the development of strategies and solution initiatives, and advise on important new regulatory developments to ensure consistent alignment across diverse client groups.
What You Need:
- 5-10 years of relevant legal experience.
- JD from a top law school.
- Outstanding writing and oral communications skills.
- Admission to practice law.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, and provide top quality legal assistance and support to executive-level clients.