Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Leader.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure Environmental Excellence and Compliance at the Pittsburg Facility. This position will provide the Leadership and Technical Guidance necessary to achieve this objective and will be accountable to Site Leadership for overall Site Environmental Performance. The Environmental Regulatory Leader is generally a Managerial Role, with the need for Environmental Technical Expertise and Broad Regulatory Experience. The role will be instrumental in Developing and Maintaining a Sustainable Culture of Compliance with all applicable Environmental Regulatory Laws, Rules, and Regulations.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Implement Site Wide Environmental Management Systems (work processes, standard, procedures, integration plans) to ensure efficient and sustainable compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Develop Compliance Strategy for the Pittsburg Site.
- Site level leadership and proficiency in all major environmental regulations. Significant environmental regulatory areas of operation include Air, Water, and Waste.
- Provide oversight and follow-up for all Regulatory Compliance Audits.
- Ensure that site Environmental Compliance Programs are managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Create site/business level regulatory procedures and train personnel on their use.
- Lead Environmental Incident Investigations and Corrective Action Processes.
- Represent the site with Regulators and the Community on critical Environmental Issues.
- Initiate and support MOC’s for Regulatory issues.
- Provide oversight for Agency Negotiations and related Regulatory Matters.
- Identify and Implement opportunities to streamline Environmental Regulatory Work Processes.
- Development of the Site Organizational Design and the growth/development of Site Environmental Personnel.
- Management of external Environmental Consultants for cost effective and accurate Regulatory Support.
- Identification of Site Environmental Legal Risks and coordination with both internal and outside legal counsel.
- Other job requirements as directed by their Supervisor
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- 4 yr Technical Degree required, Engineering Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 15 years prior work in a U.S. Environmental Regulatory Role.
- A minimum of 5 years of Site/Facility Level Environmental Leadership at an integrated Chemical Manufacturing Facility.
- Prior work experience with Air, Waste, and Water regulations, California experience preferred Strong and effective Leadership Skills.
- Proficient Technical Writing and Presentation Skills.
- Ability to work proficiently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and provide visionary guidance.
- Effective Negotiation Skills