ISO New England (Company) seeks attorney to provide legal counsel on the Company's development and administration of New England's wholesale electricity markets. The attorney will play an integral role in supporting the Company's regulatory strategy before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), other agencies and courts, in support of Company initiatives to adapt its markets to an evolving energy landscape.
How you will make an impact
- Provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on New England's wholesale energy market design, market implementation issues and regulatory compliance, to address rapidly changing state and federal energy policies.
- Work collaboratively with a team of Company experts on wholesale energy market design initiatives, providing insight and guidance to experts on relevant FERC precedent and strategic feedback on stakeholder positions regarding such initiatives.
- Support business partners in the regional stakeholder processes on wholesale market design and regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Draft filings and expert testimony for submission to FERC in support of market design initiatives, and respond to challenges to those initiatives.
- Advise and support business partners on the Company's participation at FERC Technical Conferences, and draft comments and support related to compliance initiatives stemming from FERC rulemakings.
What we are looking for
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Three (3) to five (5) years of prior experience as an Attorney in a law firm, corporation or governmental agency
- Knowledge of the energy industry and energy/regulatory practice, along with the requisite experience, to enable representation of the Company in the areas of market development, market operations, and compliance
- An interest in helping to change the energy landscape to address the rapidly changing state and federal energy policies
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Eligible for or licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts